11 p.m. Update: No Traffic Lights Functioning In Town
All the latest closings and information during Hurricane Sandy
There are no functioning traffic lights in town and the majority of Wall's 26,000 residents are without power at this hour, police said.
JCP&L is reporting still around 12,000 customers are without power but a release from the Wall Township Police department puts that number higher, saying a 'majority' is without power. The release was not more specific.
The release says that no signaled intersection is working properly within Wall's 30-some square miles. There is a travel ban still in effect, barring non-essential vehicles from the roads until further notice, according to Lt. Walter Pomphrey.
Here are the latest highlights in and around town:
Police have responded to 281 calls; Firefighters, 108 and EMS 132, Pomphrey said.
The MAJORITY of the township residences and businesses are WITHOUT POWER
Traffic Lights Out:
ALL Traffic light Intersections with in the township are NOT FUNCTIONING
- Brighton Ave Bridge- closed
- Belmar Blvd between Marconi Road and Hwy 35
- Brighton Ave closed from Marconi Rd (Wall) to Hillside Rd (Neptune).
- Belmar Blvd is closed from Hwy. 35 to Marconi Rd due to a flooding condition.
- State Hwy 35 north is shut down at the Belmar Border.
- Herbertsville Road at the GSP overpass- Tree down and wires blocking the roadway.
- 1742 block of L Street- Tree blocking roadway With wires
- Lakewood Road between Rt34 and Ramshorn Drive- Downed tree blocking roadway
- River Road @ Jordon Way- Tree fire with down power lines
- Baileys Corner Rd / Tiltons Corner Rd- tree down
- River Road and Jordan- Tree down and wires with fire- Patrol and South Wall Fire Co. on scene
- Third Ave between People and Cottage.
- Evans Rd closed between Shore/Diana Rd- tree down
- High Point Road- tree down
- Crestview Lane- Tree through side of residence- Patrols on scene
- Campbell Road- Tree down blocking roadway
- Hiddenbrook- tree and power lines
- Highpoint & Ivy Road- trees and power lines across roadway
- 2520 Ramshorn- Wires down across roadway
- Rt 34 @ I 195 closed northbound for multiple utility poles leaning across roadway
- Glendola Road @ Washington- trees and power lines across roadway
- Hwy 35 & Lakewood Road Intersection- Closed down utility pole
- Allaire Road east of Wall PD- Down tree blocking roadway both East & West lanes
- Hwy 35 @ Old Mill Road- Roadway shutdown in both directions for downed tree across the roadway