It will take a lifetime to replace what the flames took only a few minutes to destroy last week in the yellow West Belmar bungalow that the Glab family called home.
The fire at 1913 Central Avenue was reported late afternoon April 18 and was under control in about 15 mintues, officials have said. In those minutes, all the worldly possessions of Bonnie Carroll Glab and her 16-year-old son, Brock, were destroyed. The fire was ruled accidental.
Brock, a Wall High School sophomore who was home at the time of the fire, received burns that require treatment at St. Barnabas Hospital in Livingston. Treatment will take an estimated 18 months, according to a family friend.
A benefit is being held at The Headliner in Neptune City on June 10th from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. to help the Glab family rebuild their lives and pay medical expenses. Tickets are $10 in advance, $15 at the door. There will be a gift auction, a 50/50 raffle, food, discounted drinks and entertainment.
Tickets are available in advanced at Krenkels Day Night Liquor & Deli on Route 35 in Neptune. Donations are also being collected.
Organizers have set up a Facebook page in an effort to spread the word.