Brush Fire Quickly Extinguished
Fire pit ashes ignite compost pile on Belmar Boulevard
A small brush fire on Belmar Boulevard was quickly extinguished by the fire department over the weekend, police said.
The Glendola Fire Department dealt swiftly with a small brush fire that ignited at 4213 Belmar Boulevard, near Walton Way, about 8:54 a.m. Saturday, Sgt. Chad Clark said.
The owner of the home had dumped the ash from a fire pit used the night before onto a compost pile, which caught fire, Clark said.