As we look ahead to November’s elections, Wall Patch is devoted to bring you the information you need about every race in town. Here's our start on the municipal, county and federal candidates we'll be covering as November draws near. Bookmark this page for updates
- Wall Township Committee: One Republican will run unopposed for a 3-year term on the Township Committee. Deputy Mayor Todd Luttman has won the local GOP nod to run for the seat. No Democrat has filed to run against Luttman.
- Monmouth County Freeholders: Voters will fill one three-year term, with Republican incumbent John Curley facing Democratic challenger William Shea, who was defeated in his freeholder bid in 2011. Incumbent Republican Freehold Serena DiMaso will seek a one-year, unexpired term. DiMaso faces Democratic challenger Kevin Lavan.
- 4th Congressional District: U.S. Rep. Chris Smith (R) will run for re-election against Democrat Brian Froelich.
- U.S. Senate: U.S. Senator Bob Menendez (D), the junior United States Senator from New Jersey who was first appointed in 2006 to fill Jon Corzine's seat, takes on Republican challenger Joe Kyrillos, who easily defeated three opponents in the primary.
- U.S. President: President Barack Obama will presumptively face former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney in a campaign that has already focused heavily on the economy and job growth.