There are no functioning traffic lights in town and the majority of Wall's 26,000 residents are without power at this hour, police said.
JCP&L is reporting still around 12,000 customers are without power but a release from the Wall Township Police department puts that number higher, saying a 'majority' is without power. The release was not more specific.
The release says that no signaled intersection is working properly within Wall's 30-some square miles. There is a travel ban still in effect, barring non-essential vehicles from the roads until further notice, according to Lt. Walter Pomphrey.
Here are the latest highlights in and around town:
Police have responded to 281 calls; Firefighters, 108 and EMS 132, Pomphrey said.
The MAJORITY of the township residences and businesses are WITHOUT POWER
Traffic Lights Out:
ALL Traffic light Intersections with in the township are NOT FUNCTIONING
- Brighton Ave Bridge- closed
- Belmar Blvd between Marconi Road and Hwy 35
- Brighton Ave closed from Marconi Rd (Wall) to Hillside Rd (Neptune).
- Belmar Blvd is closed from Hwy. 35 to Marconi Rd due to a flooding condition.
- State Hwy 35 north is shut down at the Belmar Border.
- Herbertsville Road at the GSP overpass- Tree down and wires blocking the roadway.
- 1742 block of L Street- Tree blocking roadway With wires
- Lakewood Road between Rt34 and Ramshorn Drive- Downed tree blocking roadway
- River Road @ Jordon Way- Tree fire with down power lines
- Baileys Corner Rd / Tiltons Corner Rd- tree down
- River Road and Jordan- Tree down and wires with fire- Patrol and South Wall Fire Co. on scene
- Third Ave between People and Cottage.
- Evans Rd closed between Shore/Diana Rd- tree down
- High Point Road- tree down
- Crestview Lane- Tree through side of residence- Patrols on scene
- Campbell Road- Tree down blocking roadway
- Hiddenbrook- tree and power lines
- Highpoint & Ivy Road- trees and power lines across roadway
- 2520 Ramshorn- Wires down across roadway
- Rt 34 @ I 195 closed northbound for multiple utility poles leaning across roadway
- Glendola Road @ Washington- trees and power lines across roadway
- Hwy 35 & Lakewood Road Intersection- Closed down utility pole
- Allaire Road east of Wall PD- Down tree blocking roadway both East & West lanes
- Hwy 35 @ Old Mill Road- Roadway shutdown in both directions for downed tree across the roadway