Brush Fire Quickly Extinguished

Fire pit ashes ignite compost pile on Belmar Boulevard

A small brush fire on Belmar Boulevard was quickly extinguished by the fire department over the weekend, police said.

The Glendola Fire Department dealt swiftly with a small brush fire that ignited at 4213 Belmar Boulevard, near Walton Way, about 8:54 a.m. Saturday, Sgt. Chad Clark said.

The owner of the home had dumped the ash from a fire pit used the night before onto a compost pile, which caught fire, Clark said.


More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »