As Hurricane Sandy bears down on the area, the number of downed trees and power lines is increasing, police said.
Police have responded to 213 calls since the beginning of the storm. There have been 84 fire department calls and 98 EMS calls, Lt. Walter Pomphrey said.
Here are the major events so far, as of about 7:35 p.m. Monday.
Approx. 11,200 Wall residents without power, according to JCP&L
Traffic Lights Out:
- Hwy 35 & Belmar Blvd
- RT 34 @ Wyckoff Road and south to Hurley Pond Road- 4 intersections
- Brighten Ave Bridge - closed
- Belmar Blvd between Marconi Road and Hwy 35
- Brighton Ave closed from Marconi Rd (Wall) to Hillside Rd (Neptune).
- Belmar Blvd is closed from Hwy. 35 to Marconi Rd due to a flooding condition.
- State Hwy 35 north is shut down at the Belmar Border.
- Herbertsville Road at the GSP overpass- Tree down and wires blocking the roadway.
- 1742 block of L Street- Tree blocking roadway With wires
- Lakewood Road between Rt34 and Ramshorn Drive- Downed tree blocking roadway
- River Road @ Jordon Way- Tree fire with down power lines
- Baileys Corner Rd / Tiltons Corner Rd- tree down
- River Road and Jordan- Tree down and wires with fire- Patrol and South Wall Fire Co. on scene
- Third Ave between People and Cottage.
- Evans Rd closed between Shore/Diana Rd- tree down
- High Point Road- tree down
- Crestview Lane- Tree through side of residence- Patrols on scene
- Campbell Road- Tree down blocking roadway
- Hiddenbrook- tree and power lines
- Highpoint & Ivy Road- trees and power lines across roadway
- 2520 Ramshorn- Wires down across roadway
- Rt 34 @ I 195 closed northbound for multiple utility poles leaning across roadway
- Glendola Road @ Washington- trees and power lines across roadway