News Alert
UPDATE: Massive Brush Fire Rages In Berkeley,…

Memorial Marks Site Of Toddler's Death

Sympathies line Shark River bridge

A stuffed pink pig. Mickey Mouse. Teddy bears, candles and flowers for a little girl whose life was cut tragically short last week have collected on the Schoolhouse Road bridge where authorities say the father of 2-year-old Tierra Morgan-Glover tossed his daughter, still strapped to a car seat, into a stream below to her death.

The makeshift memorial marks the spot straddling the boundary between Wall and Neptune townships where the girl is believed to have died.

U.S. Marshals, working in conjunction with numerous local, state and federal authorities across the country, ended a nationwide manhunt Tuesday when they . Morgan is charged with the murder of the toddler.

"I hope there will now at least be some justice for Tierra and her
family," said Lisa Haus, who last week in Lakehurst organized a vigil in support of the toddler's family. "Him being captured, I think, the community will
just be happy that the man that Tierra looked up to and loved, and
trusted will not be able to do this to anyone else."

Authorities say Morgan, 27, tossed the little girl into a portion of the Shark River from the bridge now lined with sympathies from people who likely never met the 2-year-old. The girl's body was found Nov. 22, .

An autopsy later said Tierra was the victim of "homicidal violence.'' Her father, , .

Tierra Morgan-Glover was buried in a Toms River cemetery Monday, following funeral services in Asbury Park.

A day later, U.S. Marshals were watching a home in San Diego, acting on a tip from a New Jersey law enforcement agency. For seven hours they watched the home on the 800 block of Euclid Avenue in the eastern section of town.

Then, a break. Morgan appeared on a back porch around 4:30 p.m., Pacific Time. They made a positive ID. Throngs of Marshals surrounded the house. He was arrested without incident.

Reports from San Diego say Morgan's friends had no idea he was wanted for murder.

Morgan is being held at San Diego County Jail, without bail, pending extradition to New Jersey.

Haus said the news of Morgan's capture brought a modicum of comfort, but she said it does not change the tragedy.

"I am just so happy that now Tierra can rest easy," she said.

T. Profita November 30, 2011 at 06:01 PM
Hope he gets the max and more. How evil!!!!
tuna stick November 30, 2011 at 07:04 PM
Great work on the part of the U.S. Marshall's office and coordinating with local police getting this creep. How about a stop in Texas on the way home. They have a lot of experience in dealing with this type of behavior.
Karen Herzig December 01, 2011 at 05:53 PM
Job well done! This monster should NEVER see the light of day! Hopefully, the wolves in our prison system will eat him for dinner! The saddest part about this case is that a judge gave him the right to see his child on his first scheduled visit he kills his sweet baby. I bet that judge will have nightmares the rest of his or her life. My heart breaks for the mother and her family. Sending prayers to her each and every day. Hoping this monster gets what is deserved and that he never sees the light of day EVER again! Hoping the angels and God watch over this sweet child each and ever day! Praying that that God gives the mother strength and courage each and every day! Rest in peace sweet baby girl! You are now with the angels and God!
Kathy Ng April 05, 2013 at 01:42 PM
RIP, Tierra!


More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something