.
News Alert
Wall-Based Roofing Company Head Pleads Guilty In…

No One Injured In Overnight House Fire

A cottage house behind an Adams Street home caught fire just after midnight. No one was injured, police said.

The homeowner at 2933 Adams St. had been working in the cottage house had earlier in the day been working with wood and countertop chemicals and stowed chemical-soaked rags in a plastic bucket under a workbench in the basement, Sgt. Heath Bono said.

The rags somehow caught fire around 12:24 a.m. Friday and burned the workbench, filling the home with smoke, Bono said.

The residents were alerted by smoke detectors and called 9-1-1, Bono said.

The home was evacuated. Glendola Fire Department knocked down the fire, which the homeowner was trying to do with a garden hose, Bono said.

Fire officials said the home would have been lost in another 10 to 15 minutes because the fire was heading up the interior of the home’s walls, Bono said.

Wall Township Fire Bureau and Detective Steitz of Wall Police also responded, Bono said.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something