One call after another. Downed tree here. Arcing power line there. Reports of residents using boats to flee rapidly flooding homes.
And the wind continues to howl. There's still more to come.
Police have responded to 281 calls as of 8:30 p.m. Firefighters responded to 108 and EMS 132.
There's no end in sight. At least not yet.
In nearby Belmar, reports are coming in that water is reaching main street from the Ocean and through K Street from the Marina.
There are 11,887 customers out of power in Wall Township as of 9:38 p.m. -- that just under half the population.
Here are the rest of the highlights:
Traffic Lights Out:
- Hwy 35 & Belmar Blvd
- RT 34 @ Wyckoff Road and south to Hurley Pond Road- 4 intersections
- Brighten Ave Bridge- closed
- Belmar Blvd between Marconi Road and Hwy 35
- Brighton Ave closed from Marconi Rd (Wall) to Hillside Rd (Neptune).
- Belmar Blvd is closed from Hwy. 35 to Marconi Rd due to a flooding condition.
- State Hwy 35 north is shut down at the Belmar Border.
- Herbertsville Road at the GSP overpass- Tree down and wires blocking the roadway.
- 1742 block of L Street- Tree blocking roadway With wires
- Lakewood Road between Rt34 and Ramshorn Drive- Downed tree blocking roadway
- River Road @ Jordon Way- Tree fire with down power lines
- Baileys Corner Rd / Tiltons Corner Rd- tree down
- River Road and Jordan- Tree down and wires with fire- Patrol and South Wall Fire Co. on scene
- Third Ave between People and Cottage.
- Evans Rd closed between Shore/Diana Rd- tree down
- High Point Road- tree down
- Crestview Lane- Tree through side of residence- Patrols on scene
- Campbell Road- Tree down blocking roadway
- Hiddenbrook- tree and power lines
- Highpoint & Ivy Road- trees and power lines across roadway
- 2520 Ramshorn- Wires down across roadway
- Rt 34 @ I 195 closed northbound for multiple utility poles leaning across roadway
- Glendola Road @ Washington- trees and power lines across roadway
- Hwy 35 & Lakewood Road Intersection- Closed down utility pole